- 2 Cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- ¼ cup reduced fat margarine, melted
- 150ml reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 70g slivered almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g slivered almonds to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 180, (160 fan forced).
- Sift flour into bowl. Mix margarine, milk and egg together and add to wholemeal self raising flour.
- Carefully fold through golden syrup, mashed banana, almonds and cinnamon. Top muffins with extra almonds.
- Place in muffin trays and fill the pan ¾ and cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.